IBM Redbooks | IBM System Storage
Latest publications from IBM Redbooks. Most are made available online for free in PDF and HTML formats. This feed is updated in real-time.
XIV Thin Provisioning and Space Reclamation
Draft Redpaper, last updated: Sat, 18 May 2013
- Thin Provisioning in XIV
- File System Considerations
- Space Reclamation Examples
Thin provisioning is the practice of serving LUN sizes up to application servers without actually reserving the total physical capacity of those LUNs for data storage.
IBM and Cisco: Together for a World Class Data Center
Draft Redbook, last updated: Thu, 9 May 2013
- Read about how IBM and Cisco are collaborating in the data center
- Learn about the technologies and products that are leveraged
- See practical use case examples
This IBM Redbooks publication is an IBM and Cisco collaboration that articulates how IBM and Cisco can bring the benefits of their respective companies to the modern data center.
IBM System Storage Solutions Handbook
Redbook, published: Sat, 4 May 2013
- Learn about the latest IBM storage and software solutions
- Maximize your information visibility, control, and automation
- Find the products that answer your business needs
This IBM® Redbooks® publication provides overviews and pointers for information about the most current IBM System Storage products, showing how IBM delivers the right mix of products for nearly every aspect of business continuance and business efficiency.
IBM SAN Volume Controller Stretched Cluster with PowerVM and PowerHA
Draft Redbook, last updated: Thu, 2 May 2013
- Learn about the IBM Stretched Cluster solution and architecture
- See how to implement it with Power Systems
- Diagnosis and recovery guidelines
This IBM® Redbooks® publication describes the IBM Storage Area Network and IBM SAN Volume Controller Stretched Cluster solution when combined with PowerVM and PowerHA.
IBM Flex System and PureFlex System Network Implementation
Draft Redbook, last updated: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
- Learn how to implement the IBM Flex System and PureFlex System
- Understand the design and architecture
- Learn troubleshooting techniques
To meet today?s complex and ever-changing business demands, you need a solid foundation of server, storage, networking and software resources that is simple to deploy and can quickly and automatically adapt to changing conditions.